Is buying Viagra over the counter right for me?
Is buying over the counter the right option for me? – it could be right for you if the following applies to you:
- You prefer to buy in person
- You don’t want to go to your GP for a prescription first
- You don’t mind not getting the cheapest option
- You only need a 50mg dosage
When is buying over the counter not the best option? – buying erectile dysfunction treatment over the counter may not be right for you if:
- You don’t want to have to buy in person
- You want your medication delivered to you
- You need a different dosage from the standard 50mg
- You want to choose from a range of medications, not just Viagra Connect
- You don’t want to discuss your erectile dysfunction face-to-face
- You want to complete your assessment for treatment in your own time, at home
- You want the cheapest option
Branded Viagra Connect is the only medication currently available over the counter so there is no cheaper generic version available, unlike if you order online or go through your GP. There is also only 1 dosage of 50mg available for Viagra Connect, so if you need a strong dosage for better results, or a weaker dosage for fewer side effects, you need to buy elsewhere.
Will I be able to buy Viagra over the counter? – you need to get assessed for any erectile dysfunction medication. You will only be eligible if it’s clear you need erectile dysfunction treatment and there are no serious health risks for you if you get treatment. This will include checking how significant your erection problems are, whether your current medication would interact with erectile dysfunction treatment, and if you have any pre-existing health conditions that might make treatment unsafe.